Thursday, February 18, 2010

Upgrade: RPM Wide Front Bumper

So in an effort to avoid breaking any more camber links, I decided to go ahead and purchase the RPM Wide front bumper. There really isn't much to installing this component - basically it is just a matter of unscrewing the four screws underneath the front of the car, and remove the stock skid place, and install the new front bumper/skip plate in its place. According to the guy at my LHS, some RPM components have a lifetime warranty, however he had no idea if the front bumper was covered under thier warranty....we'll find out once it breaks :)


Here is link to the part I purchased at my LHS: RPM Wide Front Bumper


It seems to perform really well - it sticks out very slightly further than my tired, so if I have an head-on collisions with a wall/post/whatever, I'm hoping it takes the impact instead of my wheels/camber/steering links. So far a few hits the car took seems to bounce off the bumper, I can't say its 100% protective obviously, but it works very well with head-on collisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment