Monday, February 15, 2010

Losi Mini-T: Battery Upgrade

After playing around with the Mini-T for a day or so on dry cells, I immediate thought to myself that this thing needs more power. (Insert Tim "The Toolman" Taylor grunt here) It turns out that upgrading the battery is one of the first most important upgrades to make in order to increase overall speed. There appears to be two choices which are the most preferred: Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) or Lithium Polymer (LiPo).

I went with a 6-cell Dynamite brand NiMH battery - my reasons for this choice were 1. Cost and mostly 2. Apparently its dangerous to charge LiPo batteries.....if you don't believe me, read up, and also note they make a freaking "don't burn your house down" bag for you to charge the LiPo battery in....so basically it was a no-brainer for me :D

**Note when you upgrade to a rechargable battery, you will want to use the battery "holder" that came packaged in with the spoiler and the shock pre-load clips. This holder will sit in the battery area, and hold the rechargable batter in place. You won't use the battery pack that holds the dry cells anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment