Monday, February 15, 2010

Losi Mini-T: Ball Bearing Upgrade (Wheels and Hubs)

Another upgrade which I made within two days of owning the Mini-T was to upgrade the Wheel and Hub bushings with Ball Bearings. My understanding here is that this upgrade will increase speed and extend the run time of the battery. I had actually went in thinking about upgrading the motor to the rx-280 (many, many recommendations online for this motor as a *cheap* upgrade to increase speed...obviously if money was no factor, I'd go brushless, but thats a topic for some other day.) The guy at my local hobby shop mentioned that the ball bearing upgrade would have a much more significant improvement in the vehicle versus upgrading the motor to another brushless....and it was the same cost as the rx-280 to boot! So I decided to take his advice and go with the bearings.

No comments:

Post a Comment