Monday, February 15, 2010

Losi Mini-T: How to install batteries

I can hear the cohort laughing now! "This guy is writing a How-To on battery installation!" they will shout! Yes, it might seem silly, but for the utter R/C newb like myself - it took me a good 15 minutes, just to figure out how the heck to install 4 dry-cell batteries into the darn thing! To hell with manuals, I say! In my defense, I had a 3-year old climbing all over me, and explaining to me that I was in the process of breaking my new toy car so I totally overlooked the "Getting Started" guide on the back of the Price List/Exploded View.

So, to start off this blog right - here goes nothing.

**NOTE** This is a pain to do repeatedly with dry cells. After doing these steps a few times, and also wanting an increase in performance, i ended up upgrading to a recharable NiMH battery.

1. Take the 4 pins out of the top of the car, which hold the body cover in place.
2. After removing the body, disconnect the battery if it is not already disconnected.
3. Remove another pin which is located just in front of the reciever.
4. You might have to adjust some of the wires (including the antenna and antenna tube) to make enough clearance, but lift up on the place carefully to make enough room to remove the battery box.
5. Once the battery box is removed, you can pry it open and install your batteries.
6. Reverse the steps to reinstall the battery box.

No comments:

Post a Comment